Saturday, October 23, 2010

Callum is 1 month!

Yesterday, Callum was one month old. These past few weeks being home have really flown by... many days are kind of blurred from lack of sleep. It took a while the first couple of weeks, adjusting to the new normal while recovering from the c-section and 4 months of bed rest, but I feel stronger each day. I have absolutely loved being home again, and Stella continues to tell me, "Mommy, I'm so glad you're home!" Callum has adjusted well too. He is showered with love, kisses and cuddles from his sister... something I'm sure won't last forever, so I'm enjoying it now. He is still sleeping much of the time, and is very pleasant and sweet. He gets a little miffed during diaper changes, when he's hungry of course, and sometimes when he just wants to be held, and I can't blame him. He's starting to be a lot more calm during his baths, and I think he's almost decided he likes them. At his 3 week check up he was up to 6 lbs 11 oz, so I'm guessing he's just above 7 by now.

I still replay last 6 months daily, and have many emotions as I remember... where we started, all that transpired, and where we are now. All that time and all the worry, yet all those prayers and all the hope that continued to grow. I am still overwhelmed with such thankfulness at how things turned out for us. We have been given such an incredible blessing, it's hard for me to express and take in.

Here are a few of my favorite pics taken since we've been home.

Sleeping like a baby...




Stella loves to read to him...



And snuggle with him...

Stella has told me many times, "Mommy, you have two childs now!" Yes, we do, two beautiful, wonderful babies. My heart is so full and our cup is overflowing.

With love,
Kristin

5 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about you guys :0) so glad to hear all is going well!!! Love you!!

    Caleb, Becca and Sakari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you guys... I can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so beautiful!! Words can't describe how good it is to see him out in this world and so perfectly healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is adorable! I love the pictures of Stella reading and cuddling with him. I am so happy that Callum is here and doing well!! He is a true blessing and miracle. Praise God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics and update. What a sweet little boy!

    ReplyDelete